Transportation planning is a complex process involving many factors and is often interdisciplinary in nature. The aim of transportation planning is to look forward, determine future demand and forge alternatives which will address the concerns and cater to the main objectives of the project.
Transportation planning may involve a proposed capital works initiative, or it may involve changes to existing conditions. Ultimately, transportation planning informs decision-makers and provides them the necessary tools to make the appropriate choices.
CTS provides a full range of traffic and transportation planning services, including:
- Traffic demand forecasting
- Major road network studies
- Regional and municipal transportation studies
- Strategic planning and feasibility studies
- Transportation alternatives studies
- Transportation demand management